Jennifer Mitchell, Ph.D. (Community Health Sciences)
Jennifer holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a master’s degree in Counselling Psychology. As a lifelong learner, her PhD in Community Health Sciences has led her to a variety of roles and experiences in research, both locally and globally. She is a Registered Psychologist (AB) who provides individual therapy for adults and provides supervision and consultation to provisional and registered psychologists.
Jenn provides individual counselling support for adults:
- relational trauma due to infidelity and attachment injuries
- childhood and complex developmental trauma
- trauma related dissociation
- out-of-control sexual behaviour
- sexual health
- Anxiety and stress
Jenn believes in meeting the individual needs of each client through collaborative practice. She draws on a variety of therapeutic modalities and tools including:
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for Trauma
- Narrative and Solution Focused Therapy
- Heart Math and Rewind Technique
- Safe and Sound Protocol (SPP)
- Inner child techniques
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Drawing, journaling and bibliotherapy
If you are interested in Provisional Psychologist Supervision, please email Jenn to check her space and availability and include where you are at in the registration process.
For more information on counselling services, please email Jenn.