Jennifer Mitchell, Ph.D.
Jennifer holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a master’s degree in Counselling Psychology. As a lifelong learner, her PhD in Community Health Sciences has led her to a variety of roles and experiences in research, both locally and globally. She is a Registered Psychologist (AB) who provides individual therapy and is Co-Director of Kindred Kids, a company that provides services to children with disability diagnoses and their families. She also provides supervision and consultation to provisional and registered psychologists.
Jenn provides counselling support for:
- relational trauma due to infidelity and attachment injuries
- childhood and developmental trauma
- trauma related dissociation
- out-of-control sexual behavior
- sexual health
- anxiety, stress, and burnout (particularly for those in high stress, high pressure environments such as academia, medical professionals, etc.)
Jenn believes in meeting the individual needs of each client through collaborative practice. She draws on a variety of therapeutic modalities and tools including:
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for Trauma
- Narrative and Solution Focused Therapy
- Heart Math
- Rewind Technique
- Safe and Sound Protocol (SPP)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Drawing, journaling and bibliotherapy
Sessions and Fees
- Fee for service is $200/hour for individuals as recommended by the Psychologist Association of Alberta. Other services charged in 15 minutes increments include: report writing, telephone, emails, attendance at meetings, etc.
- Clients may be eligible to claim benefits from Blue Cross, Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) or Employee Benefit Plan. It is the client’s responsibility to inquire about the needed information from your provider and to submit receipts.
- 24 hours notice is required to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
- Option for online or in-person appointments.