Lindsay Haverslew BA, RTC, CSAT-C
Registered Therapeutic Counsellor | Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (candidate)
Lindsay is a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada and a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist-candidate through the International Institute of Trauma and Addiction Professionals. She has worked with mental health and addictions for 6 years in both inpatient and outpatient treatment settings, providing support and treatment for a wide variety of issues.
Lindsay specialises in treating individuals with intimacy disorders and those who have been betrayed or hurt by another’s sexual behaviour, and often provides counselling support for:
- compulsive sexual behaviour
- sexual addictions
- betrayal trauma (those hurt by infidelity or another person’s sexual behaviour)
- intimacy disorders
- insecure attachment/attachment trauma
- relationship concerns
- family of origin issues
If you are hurting as the result of sex or pornography addiction, infidelity or betrayal, Lindsay’s hope is to provide support and treatment in a compassionate, non-judgemental setting.
She does not believe in a “one size fits all” approach to treatment, instead recognizing each individual is as unique in their challenges, perspectives, and goals. In her sessions she draws on a variety of therapeutic modalities to meet each individual’s needs, including:
- CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)
- DBT (dialectical behaviour therapy)
- trauma-informed and attachment-based treatments
Issues related to sex and trauma can feel scary, shameful and overwhelming, but Lindsay will work alongside you to help you find freedom from these complicated experiences and feelings.
Sessions and Fees
- $130 / 50 minute session (therapy hour)
- not currently covered by most insurance plans
- minimum 24 hrs notice to cancel or reschedule without charge: contact Lindsay for details